The Host is responsible for greeting all guests, seating, and managing traffic in the dining area while controlling reservations and phones. This may include assisting with phone orders or directing them to the proper person on shift.
The Server is responsible for taking and delivering food and beverage orders to customers in a timely and efficient manner. Respect and show courtesy towards all guests while giving exceptional customer service. Completing all side work thoroughly and efficiently by end of the shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Report to work as scheduled, on time, well-groomed and dressed in proper uniform.
- Greet, seat and serve guests in a prompt, friendly, professional way.
- Know all the abbreviations of food items.
- Be familiar with specials and soups of the day prior to starting the shift.
- Take food and drink orders promptly and accurately.
- Pickup orders in window and deliver completed meals to correct customers in a timely manner.
- Check back with customers to ensure satisfaction with food and service, refill drinks, and take any additional orders.
- Ring up bills and deliver to customers. Check out customers at cash register.
- Handle customer complaints in a calm, courteous manner. Inform supervisor of any customer complaints or suggestions.
- Restock service areas.
- Keep service areas clean and complete all assigned cleaning tasks.
- Respond quickly to sweeping and mopping up messes, bus tables when busy.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by MOD.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Ability to operate all electrical or mechanical devices adhering to all safety rules.
- Ability to maintain proper attitude, professionalism, and teamwork in areas of customer service and restaurant operations.
- Ability to tolerate cleaning solutions on a regular basis.
- Activities include but are not limited to, walking or standing for 6 to 8 hours at a time, reaching, stooping, lifting up to 50 pounds, carrying, talking, and sitting
- Must have reliable transportation