The Dishwasher's primary responsibility is to quickly and efficiently clean all dishes, glassware, and silverware following Company procedures. Dishwashers are also responsible for the cleanliness of the entire restaurant and its perimeters, including the restrooms. Work as part of a team and help fellow employees at every opportunity to ensure a memorable experience for our customers is consistently provided. This will include the following. Load, run and unload the dish machine, keep the dish machine clean and report any functional or mechanical problems to management immediately. Monitor dish machine water temperature to ensure sanitary wash cycle while washing and storing all tableware and kitchenware. Keep the dish room clean and organized while maintaining adequate levels of clean tableware for the dining room and kitchen. Bag and haul dish room trash to the dumpster at designed times. Handle tableware carefully to prevent breakage and loss and maintain adequate levels of dish detergents and cleaning supplies. Clean food preparation and production areas as required and understand the following food and safety practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and restaurant maintenance. Be available to help with other roles as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant, as directed by management requirements.
- No previous restaurant experience required
- Must be able to effectively communicate with customers, management, and coworkers
- Able to work positively in a fast-paced environment. Multi-task oriented – able to perform multiple job functions at one time
- Activities include but are not limited to, walking or standing for 6 to 8 hours at a time, reaching, stooping, lifting up to 50 pounds, carrying, talking, and sitting
- Punctual with regular and reliable attendance
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Safety conscious - must understand and always follow the food safety program guidelines, including personal hygiene, sanitation, and proper safe food handling procedures, and must complete company food handler training requirements.
- Be able to work in hot, wet, humid, and loud environments for long periods of time • Ability to be exposed to and work with cleaning chemicals